Funding & Priorities
How We’re Funded
At Living Yoga, we strive for transparency and honesty in all of our communications with donors, institutions, staff, volunteers, and students, including information about how our organization is funded and how those funds are used.
Approximately ⅓ of our funding comes from grants and foundation support. Our gratitude to the generous foundations supporting Living Yoga this year:
The Quest Foundation -Matching Grant to support our youth programs
Collins Foundation - Invests in Oregon nonprofit organizations
The Bill Healy Foundation- Supporting our youth programs
The Multnomah Athletic Foundation-Supporting our youth programs
The Autzen Foundation - Supporting our youth programs
The Howard Wallis Irwin & Dorise Carlyon Irwin Foundation - Supporting our Volunteer Program expansion
The So Hum Foundation
Juan Young Trust
Butler Family Fund
Herbert A. Templeton Foundation
Trail Blazers Foundation
Nike Community Impact Fund of The Oregon Community Foundation
Individual contributions comprise nearly ⅕ of our funding, significantly impacting our programs and services. Special thanks to the 1,200+ individual donors who make our work possible, including our Roots Monthly Donors.
How Our Funds Are Used
Strategic Priorities and Goals
As a trauma-informed leader specializing in yoga treatment and mindfulness practices, we have set the following priorities and goals.
Living Yoga’s 2018-2020 Strategic Priorities:
- Increase and diversify sustainable sources of mission-aligned funding.
- Strengthen and diversify meaningful community relationships.
- Further expand use of evaluation tools and outcomes data.
Additional funding will allow us to complete these 2018 Programmatic Goals:
- Train and launch volunteers teams for 2-3 new partner sites, including a reentry program class with Bridges to Change, a new Spanish language class for youth, and an additional class at Central City Concern’s Hooper Detoxification Center.
- Advance diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) best practices and offer more continuing education opportunities for our community, covering trauma, oppression and privilege, and Spanish language teaching skills.
- Increase alumni support with scholarships for Living Yoga's volunteer teacher training and continuing education, as well as resources for our alumni to continue their yoga practice after completing their initial program.