Pre-registration is required for all Continuing Education
All classes are held at 5100 SW Macadam Ave., 3rd Floor, Portland, OR unless otherwise noted.
Sunday, May 21st, 2017, 11 am - 1 pm Body Love
Led by: Angelina Vasile and Nancy Williams
Ever wonder how cultural and internal messages impact the way we feel and talk about bodies? Join Angelina and Nancy as we explore how ideas about how body image can impact our effectiveness in the teaching role. Come with questions and ideas for creating a class that is inclusive to every body of any size, age, color, gender or ability.
- Learn how to identify sabotaging thoughts and behaviors, both as teacher and as student
- Learn simple languaging skills to encourage positive body image/acceptance
- Gain tools and for creating inclusivity in the class room and helping all students feel successful
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 4-6 pm Yoga Nidra
Led by: Liz Eisman
Would you like to integrate effective restoration into your yoga classes? Are you interested in learning how to cultivate reverence for rest? Join Liz for this exploration of the basics of Yoga Nidra.
- Clarify the need for rest and integration
- Learn the components of the Yoga Nidra system
- Develop and practice a simple Yoga Nidra script