Pre-registration is required for all Continuing Education
All classes are held at 5100 SW Macadam Ave., 3rd Floor, Portland, OR unless otherwise noted.
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 6-8 pm Chair Yoga: Inclusion, Sequencing and Emotional Regulation
Led by: Angelina Vasile and Nancy Williams
Chair yoga is for everybody! Are you looking for ways to fully include students of ALL (and vastly differing) abilities in your class plan? Are you interested in safe, fun ways to use props to support a calming and engaging class? Come explore ways to practice using chairs as part of a class sequence or for an entire class. Bring your questions and ideas to share.
- Develop skills to create a safe container for all bodies
- Explore how to include everyone and facilitate feelings of success for all
- Cultivate an understanding of down-regulation of the nervous system
- Learn how to plan a fun sequence on the chair
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 4-6 pm Yoga Nidra
Led by: Liz Eisman
Would you like to integrate effective restoration into your yoga classes? Are you interested in learning how to cultivate reverence for rest? Join Liz for this exploration of the basics of Yoga Nidra.
- Clarify the need for rest and integration
- Learn the components of the Yoga Nidra system
- Develop and practice a simple Yoga Nidra script